The Ultimate Potato Soup Recipe #potato #soup by TizzleMySkittles
4 to 6 servings
- 1 package bacon cut into small strips
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 7 large gold potatoes peeled and diced into small chunks
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chives, sour cream, bacon bits, and shredded cheese
- Put the bacon strips in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until brown and crispy. Take the cooked bacon and put it in a bowl/ or on a plate.
- Leave the fat from the bacon in the pot. Add the butter and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until the onions are tender (approximately 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds or until it smells good.
- Use a whisk while sprinkling the flour into the pot. Stir until smooth.
- Add diced potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender (approximately 10 minutes) – stab with a fork to make sure.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Take approximately five cups worth of the mixture and put it in a blender. Please be careful while doing this for it will be VERY hot.
- Blend the mixture for a minute or two.
- Return the mixture from the blender to the pot. Add in the sour cream, bacon, and shredded cheese. Stir well.
- Allow the soup to shimmer for another 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve immediately (after the soup has simmered for the 15 minutes) with or without toppings.
SOURCE : COOKPAD